- 3 cups (about 4 medium) peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons powdered pectin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large sauté pan, combine peaches, water and lemon juice, then stir in the pectin. Mash with a potato masher until small chunks remain. Heat on high to a vigorous boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring frequently. Stir in sugar, honey and cardamom. Return to a vigorous boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to heatproof jars. Let cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set (about 2 hours). Will keep refrigerated up to 1 month.