The world is a brighter place with edible rose-colored glasses.
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 115g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavouring
- 193g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp milk
- 4 drops pink food gel
- 12 yellow jolly ranchers or any coloured hard candy, crushed
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Set aside.
- To crush your hard candy, add into a plastic zip lock bag and seal. Then place inside a kitchen towel and use a large rolling pin to crush.
- Add butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to cream the two ingredients together.
- Add the milk, salt, strawberry flavouring, pink food gel and egg and mix until well combined.
- Next, add half the flour and mix using a spatula, then add the rest of the flour and mix until well combined. If you feel the mixture is too dry, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the dough once it’s chilled and place on a large piece of baking paper. Place another piece of baking paper on top. Use a large rolling pin to roll the dough out about 4mm thick.
- Use a large heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out 24 hearts. Use a slightly smaller cookie cutter to cut out heart shaped holes from your large heart shaped cookies. Use a little bit of cookie dough to create the nose bridge in between the heart cookie shapes. Add little balls of dough on the sides of the hearts.
- Chill the cookie shapes in the fridge for 30 min. Preheat your oven to 180C
- Bake the cookie for 6 minutes. Take out of the oven and add crushed candy in the middle of the heart shaped cookies. Bake until the candy has completely melted.
- Allow the cookies to chill before taking off the baking tray and serving.