Surprise Rainbow Cake Pops
Of course the rainbow tastes like cake covered in white chocolate. That's science.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Rainbow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, egg, and salt, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add this to the wet mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the milk.
- Divide the batter into 6 bowls and dye it the colors of the rainbow. Pour the batter into a cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners, making sure to not mix the colors.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
- Weigh 60 grams of each color of cake and crumble them into individual bowls.
- Pour 100 grams white chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small pot and set to medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate has melted, then divide evenly between the cake. Stir until the cake is fully coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on your cooking surface and stack small disks of each color of cake on top of each other in the order of the rainbow.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the cake and shape into a ball. Remove the plastic wrap and place the cake pops on a plate lined with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Dip the lollipop sticks into some melted white chocolate and stick one into each cake pop. Return the cake pops to the freezer for the chocolate to set (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Dunk the cake pops into the melted chocolate, gently tapping the lollipop stick to remove any excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle some rainbow sprinkles onto the top of the cake pops, then stick into a cake pop holder. Transfer to the fridge so the chocolate coating can fully set (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE