Sweet Arancini Balls
Ben and Mike make sweet arancini balls served with fresh fruit and a chocolate drizzle.
- 1 knob butter
- 250 grams risotto rice
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 400 milliliters whole milk
- 1 Other salt
- 2 Other strawberry jam
- 2 dollops orange marmalade
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 grams breadcrumbs
- 6 strawberries
- 2 oranges
- 1 handful each dark, milk and white chocolate
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the rice grains and stir to coat. Halve the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds, adding both the seeds and pod to the rice.
- Mix the cold milk and cream together, adding it into the pan a ladle at a time, stirring Continually and bringing back to a simmer each time. Continue for 20-25 minutes until the rice is plump and cooked, then stir through the pinch of salt. Stir in a beaten egg before transferring to a clean tray to cool.
- Heat oil in a fryer at 180°C (or a pan if you do not have one but never leave it unattended).
- Wet your hands and mould some cooled risotto into a cupped hand. Put a tablespoon of jam/marmalade/honey into the cupped rice. Take a little rice and place on top to make a lid. Press the rice into a ball and make sure there is no filling showing. Repeat to shape all of the rice, using the different fillings.
- Dip your balls in flour, beaten egg then breadcrumbs to coat. Lower into the oil carefully and roll them over in the oil occasionally until they are golden all over, this will take about 5 minutes.
- Segment the orange and cut each piece in half. Hull and quarter the strawberries and slice the grapes.
- Melt the dark, milk and white chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave and pour into small dishes to serve.
- Drain the arancini on kitchen roll and serve with the melted chocolate sauces and an assortment of the chopped fruit salad.