- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Empanada dough
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. Mix well and keep chilled.
- Place the blueberries in a saucepan with sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornflour with the remaining water and add to the blueberry compote. Mix and set aside to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 395°F. To avoid the empanada dough from absorbing the filling, paint it with the egg.
- Place one spoon of lemon ricotta filling at the center of the empanada dough and add the blueberry compote to the side. Fold in half and close.
- Bake the empanadas at 395°F for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown and slightly darker around the edges.
- Once baked, sift some powdered sugar on top.