- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 120ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp sweet miso paste
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple syrup (to taste, depending on your choice of milk)
- Pinch of salt
- 5-6 slices of sourdough bread
- Add all the ingredients (except the bread) to a bowl and mix well. Allow it to sit for 10-15 mins.
- Heat a pan over medium heat for 4 minutes and then add some vegan butter or oil.
- While the pan is warming up, slice the bread – you may need to halve them, depending on the size of your loaf.
- Dip one slice of bread into the milk mixture and then flip it to soak the other side. Place on the hot pan. You should hear a sizzle!
- Toast on each side for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. I topped this batch with almond butter, coconut yogurt, extra cinnamon and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.