- Sweet potato curly fries:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- Cooking spray
- Avocado ranch dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
- A few chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and lightly oil a large baking tray.
- Carefully skewer each potato, lengthways, as close to the middle as you can. With a paring knife, make one long incision from the top of the potato to the bottom while spiraling around the skewer. Repeat with the rest. Dust each spiral with potato starch, making sure it gets in between the layers, then place on the tray. Spray each potato with oil, then bake for 30 minutes, turning a few times to ensure even cooking.
- Prepare the avocado ranch dressing: In the bowl of a food processor, add the avocado flesh and vinegar, and blitz until smooth. Add in the creme fraiche, salt, parsley, dill, onion powder and hot paprika and blitz again until creamy. Put the dressing into a small bowl and stir in the chopped chives. Sprinkle a few chives and a pinch of paprika on top.
- Once the fries are cooked and crisp, remove them from the oven and carefully slide them off the skewer. Serve immediately alongside avocado ranch dressing.