- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups baby spring mix
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook the chicken breast until golden brown, and cooked through. Set aside and allow to cool. Once cool, dice into bite-size pieces.
- Add the red pepper, onion, garlic, and cumin, and cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, mash together the avocado and lime until smooth.
- To assemble, place the grape tomatoes in the bottom of a 1 quart mason jar, followed by the avocado/lime mixture. Then, add the chicken, followed by the pepper and onion mixture (cooled). Finally, add the cilantro and then as much lettuce as you can fit.