Tahini Blondie Ice Cream Sandwiches
If you love peanut butter but want to mix things up, try tahini and make one knockout dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted but not hot
- 1 1/4 cups tahini
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Sprinkles (optional), for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8x8-inch baking dishes and line them with parchment paper, allowing 1-inch wings to hang over all four edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, 3/4 cup of the tahini, the eggs and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine. Divide the mixture between the two baking dishes and spread it out evenly with a spatula or your hands.
- Bake until the center is just set. Begin checking for doneness at 23 minutes. Cool in the pans completely.
- While the blondies cool, allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature to a spreadable consistency.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the softened ice cream evenly over one of the blondies while it's still in the pan. Drizzle on the remaining 1/2 cup tahini and use the spatula to swirl it into the ice cream. Place the other blondie on top of the ice cream and freeze for 4 hours, until the ice cream is firm.
- Using the parchment wings, lift the whole thing out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to trim the edges (if desired, this isn't necessary) and cut it into 1 1/2 to 2-inch squares. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the freezer. Dip in sprinkles right before serving, if desired.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE