- 2 ounces dried tapioca pearls, soaked overnight
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ounce black tea leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons gelatin
- 7 ounces whipped cream
- Cocoa sponge cake
- Black tea jelly liquid:
- 1/4 ounce tea leaves
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- Wash the tapioca pearls, and boil until the centers disappear. Cool in ice water.
- In a small pot, add milk, black tea leaves and granulated sugar and cook over medium heat. Once simmering, set to low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add gelatin powder; stir until melted and mixed together. Strain mixture into a bowl set over a large bowl of ice water. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place sponge cake in a round cake pan, and pour tea mixture over the top. Allow to cool in fridge until firm. Drain the water from the cooled tapioca pearls, and place on top of the mousse.
- Combine the ingredients for the jelly liquid and pour over the top of the cake. Allow to cool until firm.