- 2 ounces dried tapioca pearls, soaked overnight
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ounce black tea leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons gelatin
- 7 ounces whipped cream
- Cocoa sponge cake
- Black tea jelly liquid:
- 1/4 ounce tea leaves
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- Wash the tapioca pearls, and boil until the centers disappear. Cool in ice water.
- In a small pot, add milk, black tea leaves and granulated sugar and cook over medium heat.
- Once simmering, set to low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin powder; stir until melted and mixed together.
- Strain mixture into a bowl set over a large bowl of ice water. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place sponge cake in a round cake pan, and pour tea mixture over the top. Allow to cool in fridge until firm.
- Drain the water from the cooled tapioca pearls, and place on top of the mousse.
- Combine the ingredients for the jelly liquid and pour over the top of the cake. Allow to cool until firm.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE