- 4 thick pork chops
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 can pineapple rings in juice (keep the juice)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Pierce with a fork on all sides.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of brown sugar, the soy sauce, 1/2 cup pineapple juice, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger and pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the bowl, making sure to cover well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Grill the pork chops and pineapple rings on both sides, brushing with more marinade as they cook.
- For the beans: In a frying pan, melt the other 1/4 cup of brown sugar and add the crushed tomatoes. Add the beans. Mix well. Add the cumin and oregano, and mix well.
- Serve the pork chops alongside the grilled pineapple and beans.