- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup small elbow pasta
- 1 cup chicken stock, divided
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, for garnish
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and the shallots. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add elbow pasta and 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- When the stock is evaporated, check the doneness of the pasta. If it needs to cook longer, add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Add the shredded fontina and cheddar when the pasta is fully cooked.
- Once the cheese is melted and incorporated, add the cream and remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to finish. Top with chives.