- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 chicken legs
- Black pepper
- Potato starch
- Cooking oil
- Tare sauce (Japanese dipping sauce):
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons alcohol
- 3 tablespoons sweet sake
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- For garnish:
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/2 pineapple
- Cooked shrimp
- Roasted potatoes
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- On work surface, form ground beef into a rectangle shape. Season with salt and pepper. Next to this, lay out the bacon slices vertically.
- Cut into the chicken legs with a pair of scissors close to the bone, and pull the meat over the bones, leaving the bones exposed.
- Lay chicken legs on top of ground beef and roll ground beef over the chicken, forming it into a log shape. Place this on top of the bacon and roll, pressing down firmly.
- In a baking pan, add potato starch. Dip meat roll into potato starch and roll to coat well.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add cooking oil. Brown meat roll on all sides, then transfer pan to the oven for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tare sauce ingredients.
- Remove roast from oven and serve drizzled with sauce. Garnish your platter with roasted potatoes, shrimp, pineapple and salad.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE