- Water manju dough:
- 2 ounces kuzu starch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces white bean paste
- 1 ounces chunky red bean paste
- 1/3 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Divide white bean paste into two portions. Mix one of the portions with matcha, and the other with pumpkin powder. Divide red bean paste into two portions.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Divide the matcha white bean paste in half and fill each half with a dollop of cream cheese. Wrap each into a ball and freeze.
- Repeat with pumpkin white bean paste and red bean paste, forming 6 balls in total.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the kuzu starch, sugar and water. Mix with a whisk and stir constantly using a rubber spatula.
- When the dough becomes transparent, simmer for 2 more minutes on low heat.
- Add one-third of the starch mixture to a mold. Place the filled balls on top of the dough. Add another layer of starch mixture on top. Chill in the fridge until firm.