- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil, for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 quail egg yolk
- Kosher salt
- Mustard, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine water, salt and yeast. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Add oil and flour and mix until dough forms. Knead for 4 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil. Divide dough, stretch into a long rope and form into pretzel shapes.
- Place in water for one minute. Remove, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 450 degrees. Serve with mustard.