- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 batch of Swiss meringue buttercream frosting
- 3 drops deep pink food gel
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring
- Candy! Use any kind of candy you like!
- Add flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed to the beat butter and sugar together for about 1½ minutes, or until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla bean paste until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and carefully add the flour mixture a little at a time, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once all the flour has been incorporated, the dough should form a ball around the mixing attachment and feel soft but not sticky.
- Wrap the dough ball in a piece of plastic wrap and press down to form a 1-inch-thick disk.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before rolling or store for up to 7 days tightly wrapped.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured flat work surface to about ¼-inch thickness, using additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Use stencils to create the ‘T’ and “M’ letters (for best results, use about a 10-12" letter), using a sharp paring knife to cut through the dough. You’ll need two of each letter.
- Transfer to a non stick baking sheet, placing the cookies about an inch apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven until puffy, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add pink food gel and strawberry flavoring to buttercream and mix until well combined.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a medium sized round tip and pipe blobs of the frosting on the first layer of each cookies.
- Then add the second layer of cookies and repeat.
- To finish add your candy on top.