- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add two tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining sugar, water and corn syrup to soft ball stage, approximately 235 degrees.
- While slowly whisking the egg white mixture, pour the hot sugar mixture into the bowl. Whip to soft peaks and set aside.