- 1 pound bag cheese tortellini (or filling of choice)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for serving
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini according to package instructions, and drain well.
- Heat a deep-fryer or a pot with 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Create your dredging station: season the flour with salt and pepper in one dish. In a second bowl, beat the eggs in a bowl. In a third dish, combine breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Working with a few tortellini at a time, first coat in flour, then dip in egg, shaking off excess. Next, dip in the breadcrumbs to coat. Set the tortellini aside while you finish dredging the rest. At this point, the tortellini can be frozen for future use.
- Gently drop a few tortellini at a time into the oil. Using a spider, turn them as needed, and remove from oil to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan on top, alongside marinara dipping sauce.