- 5 ounces raw hazelnuts (skin on)
- 5 ounces raw almonds
- 4 ounces raw, de-shelled pistachios
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups honey
- Coat a 9 by 5 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper and lightly spray the parchment. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the nuts on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until toasted.
- In a very clean bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the egg whites and beat to soft peaks. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until medium peaks form.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of honey. Using a candy thermometer, bring the sugar to 310 degrees without stirring.
- Once the honey/sugar mixture has reached 310 degrees, with the stand mixer running, slowly pour the mixture into the egg whites. This should be careful but swift, no more than a minute. Once combined, quickly add the nuts to the mixture, folding them in with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, place another piece of parchment paper on top and push the candy into all corners of the pan, flattening it.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for at least 4 hours. Serve straight from the fridge as the final product melts after about an hour. Will keep for 10 days in the fridge or a month tightly wrapped in the freezer.