- 1 1/2 cups cilantro, washed and dried
- 2-4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4-1 cup warm water
- Place cilantro, cold water and vegetable oil in blender; blend on high until smooth. Mix by hand with flour tortilla base; stream in hot water until incorporated.
- Set aside to rest for 30-45 minutes, covering tightly with plastic wrap.
- To form tortillas, cut off 1 or 2-inch pieces (depending on desired size) and roll into balls.
- To press, line a tortilla press* with wax paper or plastic wrap, place ball in center, top with another piece of wax paper, close and press until flat. Repeat 2-3 times for flatter tortillas.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook tortillas until they begin to bubble slightly, about 2 minutes on each side.
- *If you don't have a tortilla press, simply line your work surface with wax paper, place tortilla ball in the middle, top with another piece of wax paper and press evenly with a large dinner plate.