Tuna Teriyaki Burgers
Turn any school night into a tropical vacation with flavorful pan-seared ahi tuna teriyaki burgers finished with wasabi sauce and a grilled pineapple ring. Sponsored by Kikkoman.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Teriyaki Baste & Glaze, divided
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman® Panko (breadcrumbs)
- 1 pound high quality ahi tuna, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- White pepper
- To assemble:
- Drizzle of oil
- Kikkoman® Wasabi Sauce
- 4 fresh pineapple rings, 1/4-inch thick, grilled
- Green leaf lettuce
- 4 burger buns (whole wheat brioche), lightly toasted
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Teriyaki Baste & Glaze and remaining burger ingredients together. Shape a level 1/2 cup measure into patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. Brush the patties with a thin layer of oil, and sear on both sides. Begin brushing the 1/4 cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Baste & Glaze onto the patties, flipping constantly for even cooking on both sides for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Spread a thin layer of Kikkoman® Wasabi Sauce on bottom bun and add a leaf of lettuce, followed by the grilled pineapple and tuna. Drizzle with more Kikkoman® Wasabi Sauce and place top bun.