- Neutral-colored wool yarn
- Dowel rod
- To create the tassels, cut one piece of yarn 5 inches in length and another piece of yarn about 3 feet long. Set aside.
- Wrap yarn around your hand 40 times, then snip the end. Take the 3-foot piece of yarn and tie a double knot around the yarn loop you just created. At the bottom of your loop, cut through the middle of the yarn (the knot should be at the top). Tie the 5-inch string around the top of the tassel, forming the head of the tassel.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to form 7 seven tassels.
- Tie all 7 tassels onto a wooden hanger or or long wooden spoon so that the tassels are hanging down.
- Soak tassels in a bath of 4 parts cold water to 1 part vinegar for 30 minutes.
- While they are soaking, heat a pot of water, and add turmeric until water has a nice yellow hue. Let cool to room temp.
- Wring out each tassel to remove excess liquid. Adjust the tassels so they are all hanging at the same level, then slowly lower the bottom half of the tassels into the turmeric water, resting the hanger on the top of the pot. Let the tassels sit in the turmeric overnight up to 24 hours.
- Wring out extra liquid from tassels, then transfer them to a bowl of water to rinse. Blot with paper towels, then let dry completely. Once dry, trim any excess/long strings to shape up tassels.
- Tie the long pieces of yarn onto the dowel rod to form a V-shape pattern. Add another long piece of yarn to hang it with. Trim excess strings. Hang and admire!