- 2 Baker potatoes roasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Dried Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cups old cheddar, shredded plus extra
- 1/4 cup Turkey or regular pepperonis, quartered
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Marinara pizza sauce
- Scoop out the baked potato centres reserving the skins. Mix the potato in a bowl with 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons milk and a little salt and pepper. Mash thoroughly and then place some of the mixture back in the potato.
- Cook the macaroni as directed on the package in boiling salted water.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt your butter and then sprinkle in the flour. Stir together until a paste has formed. Pour in milk and stir until the mixture thickens and there are no lumps. Turn of the heat. Whisking constantly, mix in cheese and some salt until everything is melted and well blended.
- Drain the macaroni and place in a large bowl. Add to the cheese sauce as well as the quartered pepperoni, mushrooms, onion and green peppers. Stir to combine and then place a small amount in each potato.
- For the topping, spoon on some of the marinara sauce to completely cover the mac and cheese and then sprinkle some left over toppings and cheese over top. Bake for 15 min at 350˚ F.