- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla icing for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Using an 8-inch plate or cake round, trace the plate on top of each puff pastry.
- To build, place one round on a work surface, brush with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining layers.
- To make twist, slice 8 triangles starting from the inside out, leaving an inch diameter around the edge.
- Starting with one triangle at a time, peel back each layer and fold over at an angle, repeating with remaining triangle stacks.
- Brush with remaining melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture and bake for 45 minutes or until golden and crispy.