Your favorite candy bar just became your favorite cupcake.
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 175 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 175 milliliters milk
- 12 Roughly chopped shortbread cookies
- Salted caramel sauce to drizzle
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 batch of fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed shortbread cookies
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cocoa powder, plain flour, salt, bicarb soda and sugar.
- Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple of minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together).
- Add the softened butter there is no butter visible and it's well incorporated into the dry.
- Next, add milk and eggs in a jug and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each paper 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped shortbread cookies taking care to leave the center free so you can core the cupcakes when they're baked.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare your frosting simply combine the frosting and finely crushed shortbread cookies together.
- Core the center of the cupcakes and fill with chocolate sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a large round tip and frost your cupcakes in a swirl.
- Finish with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce and a sprinkle of roughly chopped shortbread cookies.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE