- 300 milliliters dulce de leche
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 100 milliliters cream
- 400 grams chopped twix bars
- 300 grams shortbread cookies
- 150 milliliters melted butter (unsalted or salted is fine)
- To prepare the crust add cookies to a food processor and process until crushed. Add melted butter and pulse until well combined. Mixture should resemble wet sand. Alternatively you can add the cookies to a large zip lock bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Add the crushed cookie mixture to a tart shell 30 centimeters and use the back of a spoon to press down on the bottom and sides making sure it's spread out evenly. Chill for 1 hour.
- Microwave Dulce de Leche for about 30 second and mix until smooth. Add to tart shell and refrigerate.
- To prepare ganache, start by adding dark chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl along with cream and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Add to prepared shell followed by all the chopped Twix bars. Chill for 1 hour before serving.