- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ube extract
- Purple gel food coloring, optional
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Grease or butter a 9-inch square baking dish and set it aside. Mix together the flour and salt and set aside. Have the extract, measuring spoon and food coloring readily available.
- In a large pot fitted with a candy thermometer, heat the butter, sugar, corn syrup, condensed milk and honey over medium-high heat. As the butter melts, slowly stir to combine. Once it's melted and everything is mixed together, do not stir. When it starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium.
- Heat the mixture to 240°F, remove from heat, and immediately stir in the flour mixture then the flavoring and food coloring. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge, then use kitchen sheers to cut into desired shape. Allow to cool to room temperature. Enjoy!