- 5 fresh lasagna sheets
- 15 spears of fresh asparagus
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of grated parmesan, divided
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- Handful basil leaves, shredded
- 5 slices mozzarella
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 jar of tomato purée
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- Cook asparagus spears in boiling water for 2 minutes then drain and run under cold water until cool. Set aside.
- For the filling: In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, half of the parmesan, and the milk. In a separate bowl gently stir the chicken and basil together along with some salt and pepper. Spread a large tablespoon of the filling over each lasagna sheet. Add a mozzarella slice to one end of the sheet and place 3 stalks of asparagus over the mozzarella slice. Add a good amount of chicken over the asparagus then roll up each lasagna sheet into a spiral. Place the lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish.
- For the sauce: In a saucepan set over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the purée and cook for 5 minutes. Then, pour it over the lasagna rolls. Place the remaining slices of mozzarella over each roll and sprinkle with the remaining half of parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered in aluminum foil, for 20 minutes then remove the foil and bake uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and cheese is browned. Serve immediately, and enjoy!