- 4 cups of white flour
- 2 1/2 of tsp active dry yeast
- 3 5oz cans of evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan so that the butter melts - the liquid should be only slightly warm to the touch.
- Add the yeast to the milk and let it rest for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, salt, and egg ,then whisk everything together. Finally, add in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes to form a smooth, elastic dough then place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough to deflate then place on a floured board and cut into 24 equal pieces.
- Take one piece and roll out into a rope. Fold the rope in half so that the ends touch then twist the two strands together to form a unicorn horn. Press the ends together to seal them. Place them on a large, greased tray and repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Let the doughnuts rise for about twenty minutes.
- While the doughnuts are resting heat the oil to 320 degrees. Fry the doughnuts in batches for about 2 minutes each side.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into a tall glass then dunk the doughnuts into the glass, covering them completely in the glaze. Set aside to let the glaze set slightly (if you can bear it) then serve immediately.