- 8 ounces finely grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, pimentos, mustard powder, salt and pepper in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat ingredients until incorporated, scraping down sides of mixing bowl with a spatula. Sprinkle in flour in batches, mixing until just incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface, cutting in half so you can work more easily with one half at a time.
- Roll dough to about 1/8th of an inch thick rectangle measuring 4 inches by 11 inches.
- Using a fluted pastry cutter or knife, cut 1/2-inch thick strips, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, reworking scraps up to 2 times.
- Bake straws in batches for about 10 minutes, rotating in oven and baking for another 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy within a few days, storing in an airtight container.