Dulce De Leche Chocolate Lava Cake
- ⅔ cup bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted, additional for greasing
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Caramel ganache (dulce de leche)
- Finishing salt
- For the ramekins:
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, for dusting, optional
- For the toppings:
- Ice cream, of your choice
- Whipped cream, optional
- Chill the caramel ganache.
- Grease the ramekins with butter. Dust with cocoa powder.
- In a bowl, melt chocolate and butter together. Next, add flour and salt. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs and gradually add sugar until pale. Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Then, divide mixture into 4 ramekins. Gently, push a spoonful of chilled caramel ganache into the center of each ramekin. Top with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Lower ramekins into slow cooker. Pour water around the edges to half the side of the ramekins. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once cooked, run a butter knife along the edges of the ramekin to loosen and invert onto a plate. Serve with toppings of your choice, and enjoy.