- 3/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 egg whites, divided
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- Colored sprinkles
- 5 ounces white chocolate
- 3 1/3 tablespoon cream
- Gold food coloring
- Black food-safe marker
- Red dye powder
- In a sauce pan, combine caster sugar and water; heat to 244°F and sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 egg whites to the bowl of a stand mixer and begin to whisk. Pour the sugar water over the egg whites, continuing to mix until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine icing sugar and almond flour. Pour in the other 2 egg whites and stir to combine. Fold in meringue. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe out unicorn-shaped cookies. First, make a circle with the batter, then add 3 points on top for the ears and horn. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add sprinkles, then bake at 300°F for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache. In a saucepan, heat white chocolate and cream until melted. Let cool slightly, then use to ice the cookies.
- Once icing has hardened, use food coloring and food-safe markers to make unicorn faces.