- 1 3/4 cups plus heavy cream 1/2 cup, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces milk cookies
- Milk, as needed
- 7 ounces dulce de leche
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate shavings
- In a bowl, beat 1 3/4 cups heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla until a whipped cream is formed. Set aside.
- Brush the cookies with milk on one side, and on the other side, spread a thin layer of dulce de leche.
- Cover the bottom of a fruitcake pan with plastic wrap. Spread half the whipped cream in the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the cookies vertically in the pan and cover with the rest of the whipped cream. Pat the pan on the table so that the whipped cream penetrates between the cookies.
- Put in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and stir in the remaining heavy cream.
- Cover the tart with the chocolate ganache, garnish with chocolate shavings and serve.