- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 leeks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups FRITOS®, medium fine crush
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9-in cast iron skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once the butter is foamy, sweat the leeks, carrots and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to melt, sprinkle in flour to coat and lightly toast, stirring often.
- Slowly add the stock, creating a thickened sauce. Allow to boil slightly and thicken.
- Add shredded chicken and peas. Toss to coat and evenly distribute throughout skillet.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoon butter, add crushed FRITOS® and thyme.
- Pour crumb mixture over the skillet to cover chicken mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the FRITOS® crust is golden brown.
Introducing Trips by Tastemade. Details here.