- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs English cut short ribs
- 1 small yellow onion, small diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ bottle your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 package Hawaiian slider buns
- 1 bag FRITOS® Original Corn Chips
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add in vegetable oil. Once hot, place the short ribs meat-side down and let sear for 5 minutes or until the fat is well rendered and browned on the short rib. Flip and repeat on the other side, for 3 minutes. Remove the short ribs onto a plate using tongs and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the diced onions. Saute in the beef fat for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are translucent and turning golden brown. Add in the garlic and crushed tomatoes, cooking for an additional 3 minutes before putting the short ribs and any accumulated juices back into the pot. Stir in your favorite barbeque sauce, place the lid onto your dutch oven, and let simmer for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the lid and the short ribs, which should easily slide away from their bones. Shred the meat using two forks or chop with a knife, then place the meat onto the bottoms of the slider buns. Top with gently crushed FRITOS® Original Corn Chips before topping with the top buns.
- Enjoy immediately.