- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips (12-oz. pkg.), divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Pie shell (9-inch)
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Bake pie shell; cool.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan.
- Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired. Makes 8 servings.