- 33.8 fl oz bottle 94-Proof Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- 56 large blackberries
- 10 fl oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 fl oz of simple syrup
- 101 fl oz apple juice
- 20 spiced caramel disks to garnish
- 38 oz sugar
- 1 piece of nutmeg
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place a small pan on the stove, add the sugar and heat on a medium heat. The sugar will start to melt, adjust the heat of the pan so that the sugar fully turns into a liquid but does not burn.
- Once you have achieved a golden color take the caramel off the heat. Place the silicone baking mats on a heat proof surface and carefully spoon out the caramel onto the mat creating 22 round disks. Try to keep the disk as thin as possible, be very careful as the caramel will be very hot.
- While the caramel disks are still warm, use the zester to grate the nutmeg over the disk until you have a fine covering. Sprinkle a little ground cinnamon over the disks, again until you have a fine covering.
- Once cool, store each disk in grease proof paper in an airtight container.
- Add the Kraken Black Spiced Rum and blackberries to a punch bowl or pitcher and muddle the blackberries into the rum using the cocktail muddler.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar syrup and gently stir to combine.
- Add the shards of ice to the bowl, then add the apple juice.
- Using your cocktail spoon, gently stir the ingredients in order to combine.
- To serve, use a ladle to pour the punch into glasses and garnish with a spiced caramel disk.