Ink Storm Cocktail
Don't hold back, it's time to unleash big, bold flavors; The Kraken Black Spiced Rum, a punch of lime, kick of ginger beer — and the pièce de résistance — squid ink. Are you brave enough to sip on the Ink Storm?
- 1.75 fl oz 94-Proof Kraken Black Spiced Rum
- .5 fl oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 fl oz ginger beer
- 1 teaspoon squid ink solution
- 1 lime wedge to garnish
- 1 teaspoon of warm water
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the squid ink and warm water. Stir to make a smooth paste.
- Fill a highball drinking glass with cubed ice. Add the Kraken Black Spiced Rum and fresh lime juice to the glass.
- If needed add an additional ice cube, the glass should be full to the top with ice.
- Add the ginger beer, filling to within ½-inch of the top of the glass.
- Using your cocktail spoon, gently stir the ingredients in the glass in order to combine.
- Slowly pour the squid ink solution into the glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Heat the oven to 95F or to the lowest temperature your oven will go, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the lime into thin wheels and place in a single layer onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 4-5 hours, rotating the tray occasionally until the lime slices are dried and no longer tacky.
- Check the lime regularly during the last couple of hours to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. The lime slices will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Introducing Trips by Tastemade. Details here.