- 1½ cups Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats, pulsed in a food processor
- 1½ cups Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats, whole
- 1 cup raw walnuts, pulsed in a food processor
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, salt and walnuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, for about 4 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer over a parchment sheet from corner to corner. Bake for 10 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven and break up and mix the golden brown bottom with the pale mixture on top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the top is golden.
- Allow the pan to cool completely, and place the mixture into a bowl. Break up the crust into small pieces and with your hands combine with melted butter to form a pie crust.
- Allow the crust to cool, for about 20 minutes, then form a crust in a 8 inch pie tin.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add half and half and egg yolks, whisk until well combined. Bring to a boil for one minute and remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla
- Allow the mixture to cool completely, then pour the filling into the crust, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours to allow custard to set, then top with banana slices and a light coating of white sugar. Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar on the bananas.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whip attachment, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until it is thick and forms firm peaks.
- Top pie with whipped cream and enjoy!