- 12 chicken wings (flats and tips)
- 12 small, thin jalapeños
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup TOSTITOS® Chunky Medium Salsa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups finely ground Tostitos tortilla chips
- Debone the chicken wings by carefully cutting around the bones and tendons. Push the meat down, turn inside out and cut the bone out.
- Cut the tops off the jalapeños, and use a paring knife to carefully clean them out. Add the jalapeños to a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, then place in ice water to stop the cooking. Dry well.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and salsa. Place the mixture in a resealable plastic food storage bag and cut a hole in one corner. Fill each pepper with cream cheese. Place the jalapeño poppers cut side down into the chicken wings.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup flour, milk and eggs. Place the remaining 1 cup of flour in a second bowl and the tortilla chips in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken wings through the flour, then the batter, and then tortilla chips. Fry in a pot of 375 degree oil, until golden and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined sheet tray and let cool for a few minutes before serving.