- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons of chili seasoning
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 1 jar TOSTITOS® Chunky Salsa, mild or medium
- 1 (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 bag of TOSTITOS® Original chips
- 10 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Romaine Lettuce, optional
- Tomatoes, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Avocado diced, optional
- In a large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute bell peppers, onion, and habanero pepper and season with paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomato paste and chicken stock. Stir until well combined, and add TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa, beans, and shredded turkey. Give the chili one last stir before covering to develop a rich flavor. Cook with the lid on for about 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- In a baking dish, lay down ¼ cup of the chili mixture, TOSTITOS® Original chips, a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella, and repeat 3 times for a layered effect. For the final layer, add a layer of TOSTITOS® chips, cheese, and bake for an additional 20 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.
- Allow the chili to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- To serve, plate 1 cup of chili in a shallow bowl. Garnish chili with a dollop of sour cream, and salsa. Around the chili lay down chopped lettuce, fresh tomatoes, and avocados.
Introducing Trips by Tastemade. Details here.