Winter Beef Stew
- ¼ cup of grapeseed oil
- 3 lb of cubed chuck steak
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried ground sage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon of stone ground mustard
- 1 jar mild TOSTITOS® Mild/Medium Chunky Salsa
- ½ cup of fresh yellow corn
- 2 cups of beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 Bag of Tostitos Bite Size
- 1 cup of Tostitos bite-sized chips, pulsed finely
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
Winter Beef Stew
- In a large shallow cast iron pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and sear off cubed chuck steak.
- Brown the beef for about 8 -10 minutes until seared on most sides.
- Remove the beef from the pot and transfer into a bowl, adding veggies, sage, and garlic, and saute the veggies until translucent.
- Add flour, then stir and cook off flour for about 5 minutes before adding mustard, TOSTITOS® Mild Chunky Salsa, corn, beef stock, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beef back into the pot, stir, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Use two forks to shred beef in the pot, then allow the stew to cook for an additional 30 minutes. At this time you can taste for salt and pepper.
- Mix together garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, and pulsed Tostitos bite-sized chips to go over the top of the beef stew.
- Once the stew is cooked through, layer Tostitos bite-size chips on top of the stew.
- Sprinkle the herb and cheese mixture on top of the chip layer.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve up and enjoy immediately!
Introducing Trips by Tastemade. Details here.