- 5 fl oz V8 +Energy® Sparkling Strawberry Kiwi
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs watermelon flesh (approx 1/2 4-lb watermelon),
- 5 fl oz white rum
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, plus more zest for garnish
- Watermelon wedge for garnish
- In a saucepan gently heat together the V8 +Energy Sparkling Strawberry Kiwi and sugar together just until the sugar has dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Add the watermelon flesh to a food processor and pulse until liquified. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl to catch the seeds. Add the rum, lime zest and juice and finally the cooled syrup. Mix until combined then pour into a tupperware container or any freezer-proof vessel. Transfer to the freezer.
- Freeze for 4 hours, then break up into crystals with a fork. Return to the freezer for another 4 hours. Repeat this process until you have scraped the mix with a fork 3-4 times and the crystals are small and frozen solid. The mixture will expand every time you scrape it, so make sure your vessel has enough room for this.
- Serve immediately in glasses with a watermelon wedge and some lime zest.