Spicy Pineapple Bloody Mary
Craving a summer cocktail that packs a punch? Turn to this tangy pineapple twist on a Bloody Mary, made better by V8® Spicy Hot. Sponsored by V8
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 5 fl oz V8® Spicy Hot
- 1.5 fl oz vodka (or more V8 if virgin)
- Large squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Pickled ginger, optional
- Using a sharp knife cut the top off the pineapple.
- Carefully remove the flesh until the pineapple is hollow- being sure not to cut through the skin.
- Try and keep a few large chunks to use later and set aside the hollowed out pineapple.
- Put 6 oz of pineapple flesh into a food processor and blend until it’s liquid.
- Halve the jalapeno lengthways and discard the seeds. Set one half aside for later, then chop the rest.
- Add chopped jalapeno to the blender to taste, along with the ginger and thyme leaves and blend again until smooth.
- Tip into a jug, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Use two wedges set aside from the pineapple flesh and heat a grill pan until smoking.
- Grill the pineapple wedges until nicely charred on either side.
- To serve, load the empty pineapple shell with ice, then pour over the Bloody Mary mixture.
- Thread the grilled pineapple and remaining jalapeno half on a cocktail skewer and use to garnish, along with the thyme springs, ginger and red pepper flakes, if using, and a couple of straws.