- 1 small pineapple
- 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 5 fl oz V8® Spicy Hot
- 1.5 fl oz vodka (or more V8 if virgin)
- Large squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Pickled ginger, optional
- Using a sharp knife cut the top off the pineapple. Carefully remove the flesh until the pineapple is hollow- being sure not to cut through the skin. Try and keep a few large chunks to use later and set aside the hollowed out pineapple.
- Put 6 oz of pineapple flesh into a food processor and blend until it’s liquid. Halve the jalapeno lengthways and discard the seeds. Set one half aside for later, then chop the rest. Add chopped jalapeno to the blender to taste, along with the ginger and thyme leaves and blend again until smooth. Tip into a jug, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Use two wedges set aside from the pineapple flesh and heat a grill pan until smoking. Grill the pineapple wedges until nicely charred on either side.
- To serve, load the empty pineapple shell with ice, then pour over the Bloody Mary mixture. Thread the grilled pineapple and remaining jalapeno half on a cocktail skewer and use to garnish, along with the thyme springs, ginger and red pepper flakes, if using, and a couple of straws.