- 10 baby bella or cremini mushrooms, cleaned with stems & gills removed (reserve 6-8 stems)
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves and stems
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 mushroom stems, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 slices Daniele Del Duco prosciutto, cut into 8 to 10 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chopped parsley, garlic and mushroom stems to a medium mixing bowl. Add the seasoned breadcrumbs and olive oil, taste for salt and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a spoon fill about one-third of the baby bella mushrooms with mixture, adding about 1 level tablespoon per mushroom cap depending on the size of the mushrooms. Top each mushroom with a piece of prosciutto. (It’s important that the ham is placed in a single layer so it crisps in the oven.)
- Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet, making sure they are not touching. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened and the prosciutto is crispy. Remove from the oven and serve.