- 1/2 pound bacon (not thick-cut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Cayenne powder, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Peanut Brittle
- 3/4 cup sea salt caramel sauce
- Marketside Half Pumpkin Half Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a baking rack on top of a lined sheet tray. Lay bacon slices across the rack without overlapping.
- Combine maple syrup, bourbon and cayenne in a small bowl. Generously brush the maple mixture over the top of each slice.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the bacon and brush the other side with the maple mixture. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy. Allow to cool completely before chopping into bits and transferring to a jar with a lid.
- Make the pumpkin spiced whipped cream: In a mixer, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, pumpkin spice and vanilla until you achieve medium peaks. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top.
- Crush peanut brittle with a mortar and pestle or in a food processor. Transfer to a jar with a lid.
- Transfer sea salt caramel sauce to a jar with a lid.
- Garnish pie with toppings as desired.