- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pink food coloring
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the flour and mix until combined. Dye the batter a light pink color. Place about 3 tablespoons of batter in a bowl and dye it a brighter pink. Place it in a piping bag fitted with a small piping tip.
- Dollop 1 tablespoon of the light pink batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Spread into a circle that is 4 inches in diameter. Pipe little pink hearts with the bright pink batter.
- Bake at 400F for 4-5 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown.
- In the meantime, write fortunes on strips of paper.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, use a spatula to flip one over, place a fortune inside and gently fold in half. Bend the cookie over the rim of a cup or bowl, with the seam facing up. Hold for several seconds until it maintains its shape. The cookies will be hot, but they are only pliable at this stage, so try your best! If the remaining cookies get too stiff in the meantime, place them back into the oven for 1 minute.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, and enjoy!