- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 cardamom pods (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- Berry sauce, recipe follows
- Combine the milk, cardamom, sugar and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the rice and reduce heat to low. Cook, while stirring, until rice is soft and pudding like, about 50-55 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla bean seeds. Carefully remove cardamom pods.
- Remove pudding to a bowl. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon into a glass serving cup and layer with the berry sauce.