- 3 3/4 cups grated dark jaggery
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Roasted cashews and sliced almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, add jaggery and water. Heat on medium and allow to gently melt until there are no lumps. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut milk. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cardamom until well combined. Stream in cooled jaggery/coconut mixture, whisking constantly until well mixed.
- Place a heatproof, rectangular dish in a larger baking tray. Pour custard into heatproof dish and place in oven. Fill the sides of the larger baking tray with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the heatproof dish.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until just set and slightly wobbly in the middle. Allow to completely cool then transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Remove from pan, cut square slices and garnish with nuts. Enjoy!