- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 bell peppers: 1 orange, 1 yellow, chopped
- 2 onions, rough chopped
- 12 to 14 tomatoes on the vine, chopped, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- fresh tomatoes,
- vegan cashew sour cream
- In a large heavy-bottom pot, add coconut oil.
- Once oil is hot, add bell peppers, onions, half of the chopped tomatoes and garlic.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until softened; season with salt.
- Add dry spices and tomato paste and stir well to incorporate, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add rinsed and drained lentils and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining beans and tomatoes, and another 1 cup of water if chili seems too dry.
- Cover and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.